πŸ‡¦πŸ‡Ί N's Post Grad Fellowship Award / Adelaide - Summer 2024

 We took a trip down to Adelaide for N's fellowship award ceremony in Feb!
Met N's classmate from uni who's living there, explored the city, did some touristy stuff and had a mega proud wifey moment~ πŸ₯Ή

TBH I don't think I particularly enjoyed the trip a lot on a whole as the weather was unbearably hot with the scorching sun and cloudless skies, there wasn't much to do in the city center (by myself when N was busy with work-related stuff) and also felt a bit sick. But the highlight of the trip made it all worthwhile!

 
πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–


Some fun stuff we did that I'd recommend:

1) Wild Dolphin Tour πŸ¬
We got to swim with dolphins in the wild! We almost went on this experience during our NZ honeymoon but due to bad weather it was cancelled and I was so disappointed I actually cried πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ So glad we got to do it on this trip. Very cool experience, you'll be in the water with dolphins just a few arms' lengths away from you. It's not actually swimming but hanging on to something in the water so it's pretty chill even for non-confident swimmers.

Strawberry available for picking from Nov ~ April, $5 entry fee per person and then you pay for what you pick. Strawberries were soooo plump, juicy and what strawberries should be! (Singapore strawberries are a scam lol). The strawberry patches are unshaded so it was quite painful in the sun, you can also just choose to buy boxes of strawberry from their farm shop.

3) Monarto Safari Park πŸ¦’
Frankly I think I would've enjoyed the visit a lot more if it wasn't so hot. We sought respite most of the day in the air-conditioned shuttle buses that took us around the park. There are volunteer guides in every bus that talk you through the animals and exhibits as we pass them, really informative!

Food:

2) Gelato Messina (who goes to AU and doesn't try Messina? haha)
3) Munch Deli (a very random find for me 'cus I was craving a sandwich, but it was so well done I still think about it sometimes lol)



Comments